Wednesday, May 28, 2014

School Books have Arrived!


  
           The school books for next year have arrived!  Getting them here was interesting.  The books were at my parents while we tried to figure out how to get them here.  I posted on Facebook that we were needing someone to bring a bag for us, and there was a lady coming two days later who was willing to bring an extra bag for us (we paid for the extra baggage).  My parents got the bag of books up to her the next day, and then she flew to Kenya the day after that!  She left the bag at the Methodist Guesthouse in Nairobi, and it was there for two weeks.  Bill picked it up while in Nairobi this week, and he returned today with it!

                                 I don't know what it is, but I just get very excited about new school materials!

Maybe it's the possibilities, all of the clear, unmarked pages.... or thinking of all that the kids (and I) are going to learn in the upcoming year. 

            When I was school age, I loved the start of the new school year.... freshly sharpened pencils, new textbooks, and a fresh start.  I guess I still feel that way.

      Of course, we aren't done with the current school year, as of yet.  But, we are REALLY close to finishing, hopefully we'll be done within a few weeks. 

Then, comes the joy of "summer break" (it's the rainy season here), before we start up again in August.
                                 
                            School can really start to drag towards the end of the year, and you start to feel like your homeschool is "limping along", so to speak.  I look forward to a break, and then beginning again with a fresh outlook for the upcoming school year.

                 

No comments: