Friday, October 3, 2014

Hard days in homeschool

 
Most of the time, I love homeschooling.  The freedom.  The time spent with my kids.
But, there are hard days in homeschool, too.
 
 
 
Days when my kids get involved in their own games and play are DO NOT want to refocus back on school work.  When getting them refocused again takes a lot of energy and at times ANGER from me...
Days when I go over the same material that we've been going over for a month, and they seem to forgetting more than they are remembering.  What's the point of this again?

Days when emotions run high, and nothing seems to go right.
 
Those days used to outnumber the good days.  Thankfully, now the good days are outnumbering the hard days.  Now, when a hard day comes, I can just remind myself that a good day is around the corner.
 
A day when my girls clean their room without being asked.
A day when the kids don't fight, and are suddenly playing a game together nicely. !!
A day when they get out their school books and study... and remember what they study!
 
When the hard days outnumber the good days, it can do some good to take off a day, week or month to reevaluate, or just to re-connect as a family.
 
Praise God our hard days aren't as common as they used to be! 

No comments: