Monday, April 21, 2014

Sick Days in Homeschool

Doing schoolwork on the couch

 
  Yes, I'm THAT mom... the one that makes her kids do their school work even when they're sick!  If they aren't throwing up, or on their death bed... I make them do some school work. 
            
                            One reason is that the day is awfully long and boring when you are lying on the couch, too sick to get up and play.  Doing school work helps the long hours go by more quickly.

                 Another reason, at least for me, is that we have already taken off so much school by this point that if we miss anymore school we'll be going until July... so we must press on!

   One benefit to me of homeschool is that if the kids have a mild fever I don't have to make the decision about whether or not they are "sick enough" to stay home or have to decide when it is that they are "well enough" to go back to school.  Those things are always tricky to me.

    
             

No comments: